Forum for Owners and Enthusiasts of the Oettinger 16V Engine

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tire choice...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tire choice... on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:48 pm

FlugGTI

Hey guys, any recommendations on a 195/50-15 tire? I need a track/street compound DOT style tire...

I am thinking of Toyo R888's or similar...any experiences?

2 Re: Tire choice... on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:49 am

RubensRoc

I'm going with Toyo's....not sure which one's yet. Randy may have a better idea which ones to go with for track/street in that size.

3 Re: Tire choice... on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:36 am

FlugGTI

I swapped the wheels from the green car, to the white car, and the offset is brilliant. There's plenty of clearance behind the Ronal Turbo wheels, without spacers.

THe tires on these rims though are 205/50-15's, and I'd have to do some significant hacking at my BBS flairs and fender lips to get that wide of a tire to work. They rub minimally on the green car

4 Re: Tire choice... on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Jeremy

Personnaly, I have at least 2 sets of rims for any car I own as all weather tires will always be a compromise (= crap)

195/50's are a good size although this is the maximun size you would want and the unsprung weight and gyroscopic forces are quite large for this little car. I'm running 13x8's but previously did run onn 15inch BBS RS's but was unsatisfied.

Summer tires for the street i like any of the dunlop dunlop SP range, but that's me.
Winter tyres Michelin or bridgstone.

But nothing beats propper slick/semi-slick for on the track.

try this link for an indication of what is available at what price (in euros)

http://www.prins-techniek.nl/racebanden.php

open the page that says;

Prijslijst en informatie (1 Mb)

hope that helps.

5 Re: Tire choice... on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:49 pm

FlugGTI

Thanks Jeremy...my Rabbits (Golfs) are pretty much toys, so I am not concerned with winter/wet performance at all.

I do have to run 15" wheels to clear my Wilwood 11" brakes (which I need since this car achieves 130+ MPH very quickly and easily!)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum